Rules, Schedules, & Rosters ... scroll down on home page!
Team 2 beat Team 4 in a thrilling 10-9 Championship game with a 4 player shootout to decide the Great Pumpkin!
Team 4 fought hard and played with passion all fall long. They lost a tough one in the Great Pumpkin game.
Team 1 was able to pull out a 7-6 victory.
Team 3 played hard all fall long, but couldn't get the final goal.
TEAMS & SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS
*Find the school you attend, and you are rostered on that team. Team 4 is a full school team from Chagrin Falls.
Team 1: Archbishop Hoban, Kenston, Solon, & University School
Team 2: Jackson, Hawken School, Shaker Heights, & Wadsworth
Team 3: Holy Name, Hudson, Kent Roosevelt, Lake, & Stow-MF
Team 4: Chagrin Falls
*Players should plan on arriving 15-20 minutes prior to the start of their game. Players will check in (weekly) and go through a quick Covid-19 question check. Immediately upon conclusion of their game, players will leave the facility.
Week 1: September 30
5:00 Team 1 vs. Team 2 (scrimmage)
6:00 Team 3 vs. Team 4 (scrimmage)
Week 2: October 7
5:00 Team 1 vs. Team 3 (Team 1 wins 10-2)
6:00 Team 2 vs. Team 4 (Team 2 wins 12-11)
Week 2: October 14
5:00 Team 2 vs. Team 3 (Team 2 wins 14-7)
6:00 Team 1 vs. Team 4 (Team 4 wins 14-8)
Week 2: October 21
5:00 Team 1 vs. Team 2 (Team 2 wins 16-7)
6:00 Team 3 vs. Team 4 (Team 4 wins 6-4)
Week 2: October 28
5:00 Consolation game: Team 1 vs. Team 3 (Team 1 wins 7-6)
6:00 Championship game: Team 2 vs. Team 4 (Team 2 wins 10-9 in a 4 player shootout)
Field Players: Helmet, gloves, shoulder pads, arm pads, bicep pads (recommended), rib pads (recommended), footwear (no cleats), sticks, athletic protector
Goalies: Goalies should plan on showing up 10-15 minutes early. Goalies will be issued a set of upper body pads and leg pads, but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, goalies will need to supply their own hockey pants and goalie gloves. Goalies should plan on using their standard field goalie stick.
Note: Players will bring their own water & leave it with their phone, car keys, and mask on the spectator stands. Do NOT share water! Do NOT share masks!
RULES OF PLAY
1. Team listed first is the HOME team.
2. USBOXLA rules are in affect (NO one handed checks & NO hitting into the boards).
3. 5-minute warm-up period for teams prior to game
4. Games: Three, 15-minute running time periods with a 2-minute break between periods.
5. Teams will switch sides of the floor for the 2nd period.
6. Stop time in the last minute of the 3rd period only (if difference is 3 goals or less).
7. Overtime is a shootout (each team must use 3 different shooters).
8. Teams must have a goalie or forfeit the game (borrowing a goalie is permitted in regular season games only).
9. Face-offs will be done to start each period only. After a goal, the defending team will be given the ball at the zone line.
10. The “7 goal lead rule” is in effect (team that is losing by 7 or more gets the ball at the mid-line after a goal is scored). Note: The over and back rule is in affect at that time for the winning team.
11. The shot clock is 30 seconds once possession is gained.
12. The shot clock resets when the ball hits the goalie or the goal, or when there is a change of possession.
13. Any ball into the net or soccer goal will be a change of possession (except off a shot that hits the goal, goalie, or defensive player)
14. Penalties are running time upon player entering the penalty box (2:00 min. personal foul; 5:00 min. major foul). A goal scored wipes the penalty out. Two goals wipe out a 5:00 minute penalty.
15. Inappropriate language will result in a 10-minute player suspension (2nd offense=expulsion from game).
16. Fighting will result in an automatic ejection from game or expulsion from the league.
Greater Cleveland Lacrosse and NC Soccer Club of Hudson are working hard to deter the spread of Covid-19. To this extent, we will be following CDC and Summit County Board of Health guidelines in regards to returning to play.
The following guidelines will be followed by the GCL Fall Box League:
1. Players should stay home if they are showing symptoms of Covid-19.
2. No spectators will be permitted at the sessions.
3. Players will check in each week & will be asked if they are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms, have been around anyone having Covid-19 symptoms, or are feeling sick. If the answers to these questions are yes, players will be asked to leave the facility, and not participate in the session.
4. Social distancing will be monitored on the sidelines by relocating team benches to opposite sides of the field or spread out along the bench areas.
5. Players must wear masks into and out of the facility. No congregating of players is permitted.
6. Players need to supply their own water, equipment (exception of goalie upper and lower pads), and must wear a league jersey each session (contact tracing purposes).
7. Before and after play, all players should wash their hands with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer.
NC Soccer Club of Hudson, Field 3, 5661 Stow Road, Hudson, Ohio 44236
CONTACT INFORMATION & SOCIAL MEDIA