HS Winter League has started. Information on the Winter page.
CONTACT INFORMATION & SOCIAL MEDIA
TEAMS & SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS
*Teams are rostered by schools.
The Hulk (lime/purple): Hudson, Jackson, Lake, Medina, Mentor, Revere, St. Ignatius, Shaker Heights, University School
Manatees (teal/grey): Archbishop Hoban, Kenston, Orange, Wadsworth
Sabretooths (dark maroon/orange): Chagrin Falls, Hoover, Stow-MF
Defenders (red/navy): CVCA, Kent Roosevelt, Riverside
*Rosters may be adjusted after 9/28 for competitive balance.
Week 1: September 28
5:00 All 4 teams (practice & scrimmages)
6:00 All 4 teams (practice & scrimmages)
*Player check-in begins at 4:40 pm.
Week 2: October 5
5:00 The Hulk (16) vs. Manatees (1)
6:00 Sabretooths (17) vs. Defenders (8)
Week 3: October 12
5:00 The Hulk (15) vs. Defenders (4)
6:00 Sabretooths (16) vs. Manatees (4)
Week 4: October 19
5:00 Manatees (10) vs. Defenders (5)
6:00 The Hulk (9) vs. Sabretooths (7)
Week 5: October 26
5:00 Bag of Rocks game: Defenders (6) vs. Manatees (5)
6:00 The Great Pumpkin game: The Hulk (18) vs. Sabretooths (10)
Field Players: Helmet, gloves, shoulder pads, arm pads, bicep pads (recommended), rib pads (recommended), footwear (no cleats), sticks, athletic protector
Goalies: Goalies should plan on showing up 10-15 minutes early. Goalies will be issued a set of upper body pads and leg pads, but goalies will need to supply their own hockey pants and goalie gloves. Goalies will use their field goalie stick.
RULES OF PLAY
1. Team listed first is the HOME team.
2. USBOXLA rules are in affect (NO one handed checks & NO hitting into the boards).
3. 5-minute warm-up period for teams prior to game
4. Games: Three, 15-minute running time periods with a 2-minute break between periods.
5. Teams will switch sides of the floor for the 2nd period.
6. Stop time in the last minute of the 3rd period only (if difference is 3 goals or less).
7. Overtime is a shootout (each team must use 3 different shooters).
8. Teams must have a goalie or forfeit the game (borrowing a goalie is permitted in regular season games only).
9. Face-offs will be taken (standard position).
10. The “7 goal lead rule” is in effect (team that is losing by 7 or more gets the ball at the mid-line after a goal is scored). Note: The over and back rule is in affect at that time for the winning team.
11. The shot clock is 30 seconds once possession is gained.
12. The shot clock resets when the ball hits the goalie or the goal, or when there is a change of possession.
13. Any ball into the net or soccer goal will be a change of possession (except off a shot that hits the goal, goalie, or defensive player)
14. Penalties are running time upon player entering the penalty box (2:00 min. personal foul; 5:00 min. major foul). A goal scored wipes the penalty out. Two goals wipe out a 5:00 minute penalty.
15. Inappropriate language will result in a 10-minute player suspension (2nd offense=expulsion from game).
16. Fighting will result in an automatic ejection from game or expulsion from the league.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES (If necessary & subject to change)
Greater Cleveland Lacrosse and NC Soccer Club of Hudson are working hard to deter the spread of Covid-19. To this extent, we will be following CDC and Summit County Board of Health guidelines in regards to returning to play.
The following guidelines will be followed by the GCL Fall Box League:
1. Players should stay home if they are showing symptoms of Covid-19.
2. Limited spectators will be permitted at the sessions.
3. Players will check in each week & will be asked if they are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms, have been around anyone having Covid-19 symptoms, or are feeling sick. If the answers to these questions are yes, players will be asked to leave the facility, and not participate in the session.
4. Social distancing will be monitored on the sidelines by relocating team benches to opposite sides of the field or spread out along the bench areas.
5. Players must wear masks into and out of the facility. No congregating of players is permitted.
6. Players need to supply their own water, equipment (exception of goalie upper and lower pads), and must wear a league jersey each session (contact tracing purposes).
7. Before and after play, all players should wash their hands with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer.
Download the attached PDF file for the list of team rosters for the GCL HS Fall Box League.
NC Soccer Club of Hudson (5661 Stow Road, Hudson, Ohio 44236)
HS Boys (9-12 grades): Tuesdays September 28-October 26 (5 weeks)
Games will be played at either 5:00 or 6:00 pm.
Players should check-in 10-15 minutes prior to game time.
Goalies should be dressed and ready to play at their assigned game time.
High School Boys (entering grades 9-12)
Player fees: $150.00 (late registration $170.00 after 9/14/21)
Online registration via the Active Network.
NO refunds will be given after September 21 ($25 non-refundable).
Admission is on a first come, first served basis.
4 teams of 20 players
Includes coaching, officials, & jersey.
Players will be assigned to teams from same geographic area or school for means of travel.
Individual teams must have a minimum of 15 players and their own goalie.
Contact GCLacrosse@icloud.com for details.
Games will have three 15-minute running time periods.
Games are played regardless of weather (NO make-ups).
Each field will have assigned officials for the games.
This is box lacrosse (smaller goals & no long sticks).
HS Boys will follow USBOXLA rules.
All protective equipment (player supplied) must be worn (including mouthpieces).
No sharing of uniforms with non-registered players (expulsion from league).